Meloë Poisonous Beetle

This beetle is much smaller in real life than this picture. The Meloë beetle is a somewhat parasitic pest that can infect bees and their hives. He can secrete an oily substance that can cause painful blistering and swelling. While not a pleasant fellow in real life, this beetle picture would make an interesting addition to your next crafting, mixed media, scrapbooking or website project.

Meloë  Poisonous Beetle

This image is copyright free and in the public domain anywhere that extends copyrights 70 years after death or at least 120 years after publication when the original illustrator is unknown.